Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hail to the Broccoli King!


Yes, oh hail to the great Broccoli King----where ever he is! Last night around 5:15, I phoned my dearhubby at work to say that since he was going to Wal-mart for wrenches, could he please pick up some groceries. My husband is a very gracious person and said, yes, he would do that. I emailed him a short grocery list and that was that. He got home around 8:00, brought in the groceries, ate supper and put our new TV stand together.
I continued working and around 10:30 p.m., I'm on the phone with my mom when I realized, "Hey, I don't remember taking a frozen bag of broccoli out of the grocery bags." So I go to the freezer and look---no broccoli. I look in the frig, no broccoli. I ask DH--"Did you get broccoli?" He looked at the receipt and it didn't show broccoli, BUT he DOES remember putting it in his cart. Then--he remembers rounding the corner of the frozen food section and seeing a package sitting in the middle of the aisle he JUST came from. Could it be? Could it be MY BROCCOLI! NOOOOO! There sat the one ingredient I needed to complete a meal! ARGH! So tonight, he will try again to get a 10 ounce package of broccoli and THIS time....he's not going to toss it out of his cart! LOL!

G.W. Mama

No comments: