
Well as you may or may not know, there isn't an official "Random Thoughts Saturday" that I know of---this is just a title I thought sounded catchy because I don't have a wonderful theme planned for this entry---just RANDOM things I think of (which I know you are all DYING to hear!).
I'm working (uh huh) right now, but wanted to take a quick break just to write....to blog.
I was reading Dooce's blog about one of her friends who has written a book about what to blog about and boy, did THAT ever catch my eye! The name of the book is "No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas For Your Blog." Click on that title to go to the blog page of the author, Maggie Mason! I am SO buying this book as I sometimes NEED someone to prod me on what I should/could write here on this blog page. Btw (by the way), I had a sandwich for lunch and I KNOW you DO care!(Chortle!)
I sent my family into town today to get groceries. I hope they come back unscathed. I SO hate grocery shopping on Saturdays that it isn't even funny! I think I've rather have 10 root canals than shop on a Saturday. Okay--maybe not...but you get the picture. Chipmunk informed us that she needed a new outfit for church so her dad was making sure she got that. Papoose went along too and took his Children's Dictionary to read in the truck on the way to the store. Chipmunk called me a couple of times to clarify some items on the list. She also called to exitedly tell me what she had bought for an outfit and shoes! She has been going through her dresser and closet---getting rid of clothes that don't fit her any more (and boxing them up for her little second cousins in Utah) so I guess a new outfit was needed....badly!
Did your kids ever follow you into the bathroom when they were little? Is this something ALL little children do? I was just reflecting back on when my kids were little and I swear they did this (the following me into the bathroom thing) until they were 5 or 6! Yeesh! They just would come in to talk (mostly Chipmunk as Papoose was off watching Barney or something) and wash their hands or whatever. Come to think of it, they were both like little magnets to my hind-end! I didn't mind it---only on some days it just seemed a bit much and I would have to redirect them to go play with friends or whatever. I'm one of those people that actually loves having their kids around so it was rare that I ever did shoo them away (but I figured I'd better teach them to entertain themselves, which they did and still do).
Okay--random thoughts over for now. I need to get back to the grindstone---um...work. Chipmunk informed me that we are having pizza for supper---ahem...just thought you might want to know that! ROFL!
Peace!

1 comment:
Following to the Bathroom...oh yeah. Now, the little one sits right outside the door and pokes his fingers and toes under the door.
There is no place to hide.
Post a Comment