Wow! It's finally FRIDAY AND my day off! I do have to work tomorrow and Sunday, but that's okay. I may have to go IN to the office to work as my fancy office chair (here at home) broke and I had to use a folding chair last night. Ouch is all I'm going to say about THAT!
Took Chipmunk to her Driver's Ed class this a.m., but first had to stop at the post office and pick up our mail. My check went into the bank yesterday and they had taken out $ for rent when they weren't supposed to. I had to make some phone calls and wouldn't you know that the person in charge of all this is OUT for today and won't be back until Monday. Sigh. Story of my life, I SWEAR! So I wasn't in the best of moods this morning. Then I figured this was all a part of my "blue print" and decided to just deal with it. Ya...whatever. BAH HA!
So needless to say, I guess I could have stayed in the apartment longer? Maybe--maybe not. I'd rather have the $800/month (they took $400 chunks out of my paychecks every two weeks---oh ya, that was painful!) in my hand than to still be there. Although it would have been SO convenient to just have Chipmunk WALK to her Driver's Ed classes instead of me driving 10 miles one way to get her there.
Yes, the theme of today's blog page is "NOT THE HAPPIEST OF CAMPERS!" Sorry--every day can't be a bed of roses--sometimes you roll over and hit the thorns! HA! Hey--I like that quote! I just made it up--now watch me hear that it's already been said before!
On a brighter note... my mother sent me some newspaper clippings and one of them was about flatulence (aka: gas, tooters, bubbles, farts) and how people are now talking about them more. Okay... There's even a series of children's books called "Walter the Farting Dog." Wow--now there's something I need to pick up next time I'm at the local library (snicker)! The title of the newspaper article is "Breaking silence of breaking wind." Very clever. They list a web site (www.trafon.com) that you can go to about "gas." And my personal favorite:
FIVE WAYS TO HANDLING FARTING IN PUBLIC
1. Blame the dog or the floor.
2. Consider the cirumstances. In an elevator, hold it as long as possible. At home, heck, only a smile may be necessary when you are among those who love you.
3. Whistle the tune "Blowin' in the Wind."
4. Say you are sorry, then challenge your friends by saying, "Can anyone beat that?"
5. Honesty is the best policy. Remember the old childhood saying: "Whoever smelt it, dealt it. Whoever denied it, supplied it."
Gee...that somehow made me feel MUCH better! Take care, ya'll, and here's tootin' at ya!
Love,
G.W. Mama
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment