Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Have Returned....

I can't believe it's been 9 months since we lived in this trailer! We've been temporarily living in a 2-bedroom apartment near the hospital in town. This was because Hurricane Katrina took a nice chunk out of our roof and made it so we couldn't live here. It's been nice being so close to things in town--Movie Gallery, fast food restaurants, etc., but it's also nice to be back with the peace and quiet of the country!

I'm also working back in my home office (still for the Hospital) and am enjoying that!

Today is Chipmunk's second day of Driver's Ed training at USM. Most of her classmates (ages 14 through 19) have never even been behind the wheel of a car before, which is really sad. I used to take Chipmunk out to practice drive at a newly developed residential neighborhood out in Dixie. There were niced paved roads and very few houses there (at present) so there was no one she could smack into with the car! HA! Guess our practice driving sessions paid off as her instructors praise her on how well she is doing. The class goes until June 23--then she will be able to go and get her official driver's license! EEEK! There goes my car insurance through the roof! Oh well!

I will see how well I do with blogging--now that I'm back home on DSL. We had dial-up at the apartment and it's just not the same after you've had DSL. I know--I'm spoiled, but oh well! HA HA!

Okay--time to go pick up Chipmunk from her class. Take care and I'll write more on another day!

Love,
G.W. Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody:

Good to see ya back in action. I have also returned to blogger....

www.shanette.parrett.blogspot.com

(I think) if that isn't right go to
www.xanga.com/srparrett

and ther e is a ling from there. I look forward to reading!

TTYL!
Shanette