Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Love To Ride In Chipmunk's Car.....

Happy Thursday morning to ya'll! Papoose and I just got back home from dropping Chipmunk off at USM--where she is taking her Driver's Ed class. She is enjoying the class--meeting new friends and says it's going by way too fast. She has two more weeks to go and then---dun, dun, dun--she'll get her license (RUN AWAY! Just teasing)! She's a good little driver so those of you who live close by have nothing to fear. I must say that I am getting a few grey hairs, though, from anticipation of the rise in our car insurance! (REEK, REEK, REEK--"Psycho" shower scene music plays in background). I'll keep you posted on THAT!

Rivorkius is busy finishing up our living room floor. He ripped out all of the carpet (very damaged by Katrina) over a month ago and now we almost have a wooden floor finished and done. It looks so much nicer in there with the new flooring and painted walls. Next, we will rip up Papoose's carpet in his bedroom and lay down some linoleum tiles like we did a few years ago in Chipmunk's room. That will only leave carpet in my and Randy's bedroom and our bathroom, which I would like to eventually get rid of too.

I went and filled out all the necessary paperwork so that I could register this trailer (something I was supposed to do 5 years ago and didn't know it) so we can have Bell South come out and hook up a phone line for us. We had our phone disconnected back in December as we didn't see the point in paying for dead air (as we weren't living here). Then when I called them to have it hooked back up, they informed me that they needed a 911 serial number (huh?) and our trailer registration number before they could come out and hook us up. Okay--would you like a urine and blood sample too?! YEESH! So that is all taken care of and Bell South will be here on June 14 (yes, June 14--almost a week from now) to hook up our phone and install a new phone jack for Rivorkius' office area (in our living room/family room). NOW I can call Direct TV and have them come out to install a new satellite dish---they couldn't do it until we had a phone line in. Okay, okay already! Only 6 more days until Jacob gets "PBS KIDS" back and we're all sane again! Plus I have to admit I've missed TiVO ALOT these past 9 months! Now I can record some of my favorite shows that are on while I'm at work! WOO HOO!

We had to buy a new stove and frig (we got some GOOD bargains at Cowboy Maloneys here in town!) a few weeks ago. The stove is electric and is one where the stove top is flat. I LOVE IT! I went to use the oven for the first time the other night and freaked out when I couldn't find the oven knob. Come to find out--the oven has digital settings--you turn it on like you would a microwave. WEEE! I'm such a Clampett! HA! I felt like I was living at the Jetson's home as I "Ewww'd" and "Awww'd" over the stupid thing! As I've often said to my kids, life is FULL of cheap thrills--things that tickle your funny bone and don't cost one red cent!

And speaking of "cheap thrills," here are just a few of mine that you might like to try out sometime when you get bored and just want something to tickle YOUR funny bone:

1. As you're getting ready to enter another state, watch for their "WELCOME" sign---then everyone in the car do "the wave" and shout out--WE'VE CROSSED THE STATE LINE! Ya, it's weird, but at least it's a memory!

2. Watch for cars with only one headlight. When you see one, say "Bur-ditto, I get a point." If your hubby or significant other is in the car when you see this, you get to kiss them! BAH HA!

3. Kids bored on that long car ride? Play "Name that Roadkill" to see if you can really tell what that animal USED to be. Make sure you utilize the category of "unknown" in this game as sometimes you just don't know WHAT that is/was/is supposed to be on the road. Yuk!

Okay--on THAT lovely note--I'm going to go do a few things around here before I have to run back into town to pick Chipmunk up from her class. Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!

No comments: