
I don't know why it is, but my life seems to have these weird twists that happen every now and again---where I sit and wonder if I'm on a TV sitcom or something. I guess that happens to everyone at some point in their life---and I'm not complaining as I like those little twists every now and again.

One of those twists happened last night. After work, Chipmunk and I went into town to get a few things at Wally World. As we're driving down Hardy Street--I see the KFC scrolling marquee sign....you know, the one that advertises chicken specials? I'm reading it....7 pcs of chicken for whatever price, bucket of chicken for this price...."SEE AMERICAN IDOL STAR, RUBEN STUDDARD AT SOME PLACE, SOME TIME, CALL THIS NUMBER." WHAT?! Ruben Studdard advertised on a KFC sign? Now c'mon, how many of you have seen THAT anywhere in your lifetime? Ahem.

I want to ask a question: How many little cups does a person have to tee-tee in and how much blood has to be drawn before a doctor has all the answers he needs to make you better. Sigh. I went to our family doctor yesterday and after he was finished with my "exam" (and I use that term loosely here), I exploded. We've been seeing this doctor for some time now and God bless him for trying to save us a buck, but dang---I NEED to see a specialist here, people! My blood sugar was very high over the weekend when I went to the hospital and they gave me a shot of insulin for it (blood sugars can elevate when one has an infection, but it can go up for other reasons too). My blood sugar at the doctor's office yesterday was 346! He just gave me some extra anti-diabetes pills and sent me on my way---no insulin shot, no referral to an Endrocrinologist, nothing! So I went to Employee Health where they got me a referral with a different family practice doctor and started running blood and urine tests on me. They (Employee health) will also refer me to an Endocrinologist and to the Intervent Diabetes program (a program Hospital employees get for free). I had to go early this a.m. and have blood drawn and give them a nice little cup of pee so they can determine how sick I am. Sigh. I'm tired of peeing into little itty bitty cups and having my arm stuck so I'd like to have a break now. Oh--hang on--gotta stick myself to check my blood sugar. Where's Dr. McCoy (from Star Trek) when you need him? Doesn't he just have a little device that would scan my body and TELL ME what my blood sugar was?! 
Goofy thing #3---so after I had my fasting blood sugar and the other lovely test, I went to Wards Family Restaurant to get one of their breakfast biscuits. When I pulled in, the line was really long, but that's because their biscuits are so good. So finally, I'm the second car in line---and I'm waiting.....and waiting....and waiting. So I lean out my truck window and say to the lady in front of me, "Do you think the speaker is broken?" She said, "I don't think so as the guy in front of me got his order taken." Yea--like 10 minutes ago! So I said to her, "I'm going to call them." And she said, "Okay." So I pick up my handy dandy cell phone, dial 411 and get their phone number. It's ringing....ringing....and then they answer. "Wards 49 Family Restaurant"
Me: "Hi, I'm at your drive up, but no one is taking orders."
Them: "Oh, okay--I'll get it."
And then the lady in front of me actually gets to order as their is a human on the other end of the speaker! YAY!
So those are just three recent examples of my goofy life. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures from Gator Wrestlin' Mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment