Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thirteen Things I Love About Our Autistic Son, Papoose!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1. I love how every night, he reminds us to have a Family prayer before he goes to bed.

2. I love how he says "I'm sorry" when he thinks you are sad or upset--wanting you to know that he feels bad for you.

3. I love how he loves to read his Children's Dictionary and asks us about what different words mean by saying somethiing like, "Reception...it means to?"

4. I love how he loves his sister, Chipmunk. He misses her when she is gone and loves being with her when she's here.

5. I love to hear him do complete sentences! Just the other day, he was talking to my mom on the phone and he said, "Hello Grama Co, I am reading my dictionary." That's a BIG deal for him to do complete sentences and a joy for us to hear!

6. I love when we ask him a date, he can tell you what day it falls on. Example - if I asked him to tell me what day October 27 falls on, he can tell me "Friday" without looking at a calender. He even knows the days into 2007!

7. I love to hear him laugh at something on TV. He used to get where he would laugh at absolutely nothing so to hear him actually laugh at something tangible is wonderful!

8. I love how he has some independence for making himself some popcorn or getting himself a drink of water. If he needs/wants something, he is learning more and more to ask us for it.

9. I love how he is gentle with animals. In the picture above, he is petting our cat, Sean-Calvin.

10. I love how he is trying to express his feelings more to us. One time, I corrected him for something and he burst out with "I WANT MY DADDY!" Whoa! But at least I got the drift!!!

11. I love how he will sometimes be goofy and say "A says rain, mommy"--knowing full well that he KNOWS "R" says rain. I think he just does this to start a conversation or to just talk.

12. I love when he keeps asking over and over to go bye-bye when he knows it will be 10 more minutes. Even though this sometimes drives me nuts, at least he can speak!!!

13. I love that he is a part of our family! I wouldn't trade him for anything!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 comment:

Erica Hanks said...

It sounds like he's a great blessing in your home!