
Happy Night Before Halloween! I'm taking a break from work right now just to type a few lines. I know I haven't been keeping up with his as much as I should. You know how live can get---busy, busy, busy. I swear I'm going to meet myself one of these days while I'm coming and going!!
I just washed Papoose's
pumpkin bucket so he can set it out for The Great Pumpkin tonight. He LOVES Halloween, but it would look very strange to take a 6 foot 1 inch tall 16 year old (with the mentality of a 3 or 4 year old) door-to-door to get candy (and it would probably scare the heck out of some people!). So instead, we do the Great Pumpkin every year. The Great Pumpkin comes on the night BEFORE Halloween and leaves candy and other goodies. This year, Papooose gets a "Mr. Rogers" video along with his candy. He has a count-down from the 1st of October until the very night before Halloween---getting more and more excited as the days get closer to that eventful night when the Great Pumpkin will arrive with his goodies. I got this idea from "Peanuts." Remember the little movie on TV where Linus waits out in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin? I thought I might as well take that idea and run with it for my kid. We also attend a Fall Festival that our church has each year. This year, it was on Saturday, October 28th. Chipmunk went and took the two little girls that she babysits. They had a blast doing a cake walk (with cupcakes) and other games, have a costume contest and then doing "Truck or Treat." Ya, you decorate up the truck or back of your car/truck/van and the kids come and get candy from you. It's safe fun with candy from people you know aren't going to do weird things to it! 
Happy Samhain to all my good friends celebrating that festive occasion!!!
I would love to hear about your Halloween traditions with your family! Take care everyone and HAPPY HALLOWEEN/BLESSED SAMHAIN!!!!


1 comment:
OK...where do you get all the cool pictures for you blog??
I LOVE the Great Pumpkin idea! That sounds SO much better than trick of treating. I'm already Halloweened out. We had trunk or treat and our family party this weekend. Today I have The Bear's party at school. By tonite, I might just lock my door and turn off all the lights. I'm a scrooge!
Post a Comment