Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm SO disappointed!


Yesterday, I received an automated phone call from UPS stating the product I had ordered (it wasn't me--it was my dear hubby who ordered it) from Amazon.com was on its way and that someone would have to be home to sign for it. I'm really glad that Amazon.com has that policy (you order something that is over a particular amount of money and then you have to sign for it--) because that last time Rovorkius ordered something expensive for his computer, the stupid delivery people (NOT UPS) put it in the neighbors FRONT DOOR! ARGH! We all found it (after hubby went over there) a week later (guess they don't use that front door very much).

Anyhoo--so I'm thinking--"Oh boy! I get to see a UPS dude! A guy in a brown uniform!" WEE HA! Now I'm a very happily married woman and adore my husband very much....but there's just something about those guys in brown. I don't know what it is. Kind of like seeing a cowboy all dressed in their hat, boots, blue jeans. I also joke with hubby that I'm going to see MY FRIEND the UPS man---just one of our little jokes that we kid each other with.

So the knock comes on our door around 10:00 a.m. today. Oh boy! The UPS dude....I open the door---and it's a UPS LADY! ACK! Now, I have nothing against women UPS workers, but I wasn't expecting a UPS woman. It's like reaching for your soda---thinking your going to take a nice drink of Diet Coke when you accidentally grabbed your child's lemonade! BLAH! BLAH! No fair! Oh well--I'll get over it. And at least hubby's computer software isn't sitting in the neighbor's front door!

2 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

I am also expecting a visit from the men in brown today. Yea! I love getting packages!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...UPS men! I dated one really HOT one once...then I found out he was married. OOPS!