
Happy Day After Thanksgiving! Is it just me, or does everyone feel like a bloated cow after all that food from yesterday? YEESH! It took me hours and hours to prepare it and about 20 seconds to shovel it in. Maybe we should rename this holiday "Gorge Day!" "Have a Happy Gorge Day", we would say to our family and friends. "Have fun gorging on turkey, potatoes, stuffing, corn, baked beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, etc." One year, I decided to heck with the turkey and fixins and I made lasagna! Yup, went totally against tradition and made lasagna, lettuce salad and garlic bread. Poor Papoose wanted to know where the turkey was--but he adjusted. I guess it's tradition to have the turkey and stuffing and don't get me wrong, I LOVE turkey and stuffing....I just think I over did it a little. Next year may be another lasagna thanksgiving because I have to work on Thanksgiving day 2007 (grin).

Does anyone else have the tradition of putting their Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving day? Chipmunk asked me last night whose hot idea it was to start THAT tradition in our family and I told her I was looking at the person who "started" the tradition! She and her brother were SOOOO anxious to put the tree up when they were little that she petitioned to have Thanksgiving day the day we put up the tree. Well, the tree is up, all right---but the only decorations on it are a string of Christmas lights. We were all too tired to get all festive and put any decorations on so we'll do that today. I think it might become a tradition to do the tree the day AFTER "Gorge day"---now if we can just get Papoose to adjust to that we'll be fine and dandy.
Did you notice my new header? Ya, I wanted to get all festive for the Holidays so I contacted Denise at Mood Swing Creations and she did this fantastic header for me! Take a look at all the other cool stuff she has on her web site! Thanks again, Denise! :-D
We did watch some TV as a family yesterday which was fun. We watched "Bad Boys" that Chipmunk had taped on our TiVO. I also watched a show on the Discovery Channel called "I Shouldn't Be Alive"....no, it's not about depressed people....it's about people who have survived life-threatening situations and lived to tell about it. The first one I watched (okay--they were having a "marathon" of these things, allright) was about a father and son who got caught in a snow storm while skiing and lived 10 days in a cave while people were searching for them. Then the second one was more gruesome and I decided I had had enough and would watch something "lighter." That's when the TiVO (well it's a DVR done by DirecTV) decided to just get stuck on that channel! NOOOOO! Not a whole marathon of these "Heck, why am I still living" shows! We had to unplug the TV/DVR and let it sit for a bit---then it did end up working. Phew! That was a relief. I switched to the National Geographic Channel and their marathon was "In The Womb"--all about the stages of conception. Okay....turn the channel after watching about 20 minutes of that---and the TV/DVR got stuck AGAIN! Okay--this is NOT funny! I want the luxury of being able to use my remote so I can click on other channels---. Sigh. By the third time the TV/DVR stuck, I just didn't care any more as it was dinner time.
And so ends another thanksgiving day of giving thanks and eating lots and lots of food we only get at this time of year. By the way, am I the only one who thinks cranberry sauce is disgusting? Take care and could you please pass the Pepto Bismol?

1 comment:
I put my tree up earlier this week. I just couldn't wait! Normally it doesn't go up until sometimes AFTER Thanksgiving...I guess with my soon-to-be-ex husband not being around much lately I'm in a better mood. LOL
Please, please, please don't even mention food. I ate way too much yesterday!
Post a Comment