
The other night, we were watching a show on television about the top 10 castles in Great Britain. Very interesting.
One of the most interesting to me was the castle where King
Henry the VIII lived and all the different things that were inside the castle. He even had a "toilet" of sorts and a person who...um...tended to him after he was finished toileting. This person was called "the groom of the stool." He was the highest paid person in the castle and that he should be with duties like those. I'm sorry--but I was always told that everyone did this sort of thing for themselves---wiping their tushie, but guess if you're a king...you can have anything and everything.
Henry the VIII lived and all the different things that were inside the castle. He even had a "toilet" of sorts and a person who...um...tended to him after he was finished toileting. This person was called "the groom of the stool." He was the highest paid person in the castle and that he should be with duties like those. I'm sorry--but I was always told that everyone did this sort of thing for themselves---wiping their tushie, but guess if you're a king...you can have anything and everything. I kept imaging what this groom of the stool did after he got home to his wife and family:
Wife: "How was your day, honey?"
I don't think I'd have the stomach to even be able to do such a thing....it grosses me out!
So next time you start complaining about YOUR job....just remember---
YOU could have the job of wiping royalty tushies!



No comments:
Post a Comment