Monday, January 15, 2007

HAPPY MARTIN LURTHER KING, JR. DAY!

Hey! Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! It's raining and warm in our little corner of the world. I know that there are places down south here that are having parades and other fun festivities for the day (weather permitting).


I ended up watching a load of movies with the fam yesterday---all off of TV (on TNT, TBS, AMC etc). We watched, "The Truman Show," "Napolean Dynamite," "The Three Amigos," "Shall We Dance," "Spider Man 2" and we still have "Airforce One" to see. I loved the "Truman Show"! "Napolean Dynamite" was stupid (except I did crack up at how they did the credits at the beginning of the show--THAT was clever). We didn't make it very far into "The Three Amigos" before deleting it (dumb). I had seen "Shall we Dance" before, but hubby hadn't. I've also see Spidey 2 and Airforce One, but Papoose LOVES Spidey so we TiVo'd that for him and Chipmunk couldn't remember "Airforce One" so we TiVO'd that for her.

I work today and tomorrow--then have Wednesday off. I need to run and get a blood test done that my doctor wants me to do---just to keep track of my liver enzymes. Yummy. What a fun thing to do on a day off--to have a blood test done (NOT). Yeesh. I'm sure I'll do other things on my day off, it's just that this test has to be done first thing in the morning and it has to be a fasting test.

Okay, if this next bit sounds like a shameless plug for Kraft, it's not supposed to! It's just that lately, my brain has decided to completely go blank when it comes to menu ideas for my family! I'm tired of having to go to the grocery store daily for something to cook for supper. So imagine what a gold mine I landed on when I found THIS on the Kraft website: EXPRESS CHECKOUT! They have 10 weeks worth of menu ideas along with a shopping list! You can find it here: www.kraftfoods.com and then go to DINNER section and the EXPRESS CHECKOUT! I am having a hay day with printing out the shopping lists and recipes!!! Now my brain can rest for a long while because I believe Kraft just adds new lists every 10 weeks! WAH-HOOWIE!

Okay--and on THAT lovely note, here's some "food for thought" for ya! Have a wonderful day!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: