
What tidbit of worthless information do you have floating around in your head?
Ya, I get this email in my e-box called "Question of the Day" and so today I decided to use it as a topic for this blog. This one was easy for me as I have piles and piles of worthless information in my brain. Yeesh.
The one that sticks out in my brain the most, though are the three words that Patricia Neal had to say to Gort the Robot in the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still." If she got them wrong, the robot would kill her and destroy the planet. My brother used to play a game with me (when we were growin up) where he was the robot and I had to say those three words before his hands opened up (simulating the robots eyes) and zapped me! 
I would always be "zapped" because I could never get the words right. Finally, (and truly, I don't know what possessed me to find this out) I sat down and MEMORIZED those three words (four if you count the robots name). I always tell people that if I'm ever on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and that is the million dollar question, I will get it right!
So what ARE those three (four) words that Patricia Neal has to say to Gort the Robot in order to save the earth?
GORT, Klaatu Barada Nikto
And now you too can have this worthless tidbit of information floating around in YOUR head (hooray---I'm not alone anymore!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA).Ciao!

1 comment:
I know the film with the robot - old but still good :-)
Post a Comment